Re: Webber's agent spins

Why does the NBA feel the need to ban an illegal activity in the first
place?  I doubt they have rules against all illegal activities (robbery,
assault, murder, speeding...).  Common sense would dictate that the
legal system takes care of illegal activities and the NBA takes care of
basketball activities.

Jim

>From: Shawn Roth <ufpdev!shawnr@uunet.uu.net>
>Subject: Re: Webber's agent spins
>To: celtics@igtc.COM
>Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 07:25:24 -0500 (EDT)
>
>How can you say that pot should not be added to the list of banned
substances.
>What makes the NBA above the laws of the USA.  If Cannabis Webber wants
to go
>smoke dope in other countries fine, then stay in another country.  This
is
>insane.  I realize that superstars have different standards, but drugs
should
>not be one of them.  So I guess it would be cool with you if Webber
wanted to
>start doing PCP, or if he came out on the court liking some acid tabs.
Think
>about what you are saying here.  THE NBA SHOULD NOT BE ABOVE THE LAW.
>
>Shawn
>

>Originally from R. Bentz Kirby:
>>
>> Webber's agent has begun to spin the pot into a girlfriend, not
Webber.