Re: New stuff at Celticland

-----Original Message-----
From: Witch Craft <witchcraft1998@hotmail.com>

>Apparently Pitino didn't think Walker for Olowokandi was so
>ridiculous, as he was in deep conversation with the Clippers before
>the draft concerning such a deal.

It was one in a hundred rumors that were flying around during draft day and
who knows whether Pitino was offering Walker or Mercer.

> I also find amusing your statement,
>that if they "lose Walker they are screwed for several years to come".
>Not if they acquire a franchise center or point guard for him, and
>Olowokandi fulfills one of those criteria.

What has Olowokandi done to merit consideration as a franchise center?
Regarding potential he has it, so did  Chauncey Billups, tell me what
happened? We know what Walker can give us every night, can you guarantee
that Olowokandi will average 20 pts, 10 rebounds, 3-1/2 assists a game?

> Paul Pierce, because of
>the draft day events, the dissing from Toine, and his all-around
>skill level is certainly more than an adequate replacement for Walker
>at the small forward position.

It's the same thing let Pierce play a game in the NBA, before placing him in
Walker's class.  Mercer too came with very high credentials but it took him
about half a season before he could truly start for the C's. If Pierce is as
good as Walker in all round skills, we won't need a franchise center to win
championships.

> In fact, when all is said and done, the best player on the team may well
be Pierce.  That is, if he's
>still with the C's.  I don't see both Walker and Pierce cohabitating
>in the Celtics frontcourt next year, as they're both star-quality
>small forwards.  One is sure to be dealt.  Especially, if you factor
>in a healthy Popeye.

I don't see why you keep calling Walker an SF, because I haven't read
anywhere if Pitino plans to start Walker at SF even if he signs Popeye. -
Mishra