Re: Right of First Refusal

Must mean that a team gets to match any offer made against such a free
agent as is the case with "restricted" free agents in other sports.
Does that mean that teams don't have to sign a player 1 year ahead of
their free agency just to keep from losing them?  If so, I like it.
Even if the rookie contracts stayed at three years, a team would only
lose the player if another team was willing to pay over the odds for
him.

Jim