Re: The intellectual nature of sports, is it

|   From: Douglas342@aol.com
|   Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 19:38:55 EDT
|   Sender: owner-celtics@igtc.com
|
|      Somewhere between the thread "The intellectual nature of sports..." and the
|   thread a couple of months ago "Walker sucks..." is the heart of this list.
|   Noah, interesting quote, but you should have known you'd get flak over it.
|   (And I suspect a sly grin at this point.)  Maybe it is a bit polysyllabic for
|   many on this list.
|      But, as Mr. Nissen points out, I probably get more frustrated with
|   discussion of (silly ideas like) Mourning for Edney trades than with trying to
|   decipher Noam Chomsky.  (Which I tried to do in college in the 60s without
|   success.)
|      Which would I rather read?  Either one.  Anything but flame wars because
|   one person's posts are too dumb and another's too intellectual.

"Too intellectual"?  If you're talking about Noah, try "too
pseudo-intellectual".

On the other hand, all his crappy and annoying posts did give me good
incentive to learn how to set up the arcane mail filtering system our
company uses ... and my life is a lot better now ...

-Andy shaw