Players proposal

Here's some info on the latest of the players CBA proposals I snipped from:
http://espn.sportszone.com/nba/news/980805/00795074.html

>When talks resumed, the players spent about 15 minutes outlining a new proposal involving revenue sharing, >a concession on the rookie salary scale and mandatory 10 percent raises.

>The players now seem willing to restore the right of first refusal, which would allow a team to match contract >offers to a player after his rookie contract expires. The players also said they would be willing to put >marijuana on the list of banned substances in some form or other.

I like the right of first refusal, but I think that they are going to have to tack at least one more year onto the current 3 year length of rookie contracts to make it acceptable to the owners.

>In their proposal of April 1, the players offered to slow future salary cap growth if the BRI number exceeded >63 percent.

>But they deleted that formula from Thursday's proposal, replacing it with a modification of the 20 percent >raise rule. They also adjusted the three-year rookie wage scale to include a right-of-first-refusal for the fourth >year, and proposed that teams pool local television revenue and split the money.

>Under the collective bargaining agreement that expired June 30, most contracts were limited to 20 percent >salary increases each season. In their new proposal, the players asked for minimum raises of 10 percent >with maximum raises tied to the percentage of growth in league revenues. Free agents signing under the >Larry Bird exception would be bound by the same rule.

I don't know if this is a concession by the players or not.

What do you guys think?

Nathan A.

arnfarm@tvsonline.net