The End is Near

Everyone,

   Just a little story that some may find funny.

   I was in Boston over the past week. Yesterday, before I flew out of town I
   headed down to the Fleet Center to pick up some new Celtics gear.  I hit the
   Bruins Pro Shop and picked up a T-shirt, AW poster, some stickers, a book on
   Larry and a few other minor things.  I step to the register to complete my
   purchase and I hand the cashier my credit card.  He tries to run it through
   the machine, stops for a moment and give me this funny look and says, "I'm
   sorry but I can't take this. ".  As panic hit me like a deer in headlights,
   I replied "Why?".  He says, " Well the computer can't take cards that are
   issued over the year 2000.  We should have it fixed soon. ".

   Luckily, I had a different card that was not yet dated for experiation in
   the year 2000.  So as it turns out the Celtics are not Y2K certified.
   Hopefully they get this taken care of soon, so that at 12:01 AM EST on Jan.
   1 2000 the Celtics don't crash and burn like every computer system in the
   world.

   Well, maybe this is just funny to me, but I thought I would pass it along.

Shawn Roth