Re: Antoine & Maturity

-----Original Message-----
From: Sherry & Hart <hartleyo@ix.netcom.com>
To: Cecil Wright <cecil@hfx.andara.com>
Cc: celtics@igtc.com <celtics@igtc.com>
Date: Tuesday, April 28, 1998 1:08 AM
Subject: Re: Antoine & Maturity

>Cecil Wright wrote:
>
>> Subject: Antoine & Maturity

>> And he's made some statements which didn't exactly show how team
>> oriented he is: "my offense kept us in the game" and "If I leave, they'll
>> have to get another franchise player" are not team-type remarks,
regardless
>> of who's mouth they come from.
>
>If Antoine said this, then not only is he mature, he is also honest and
>smart. But I guess there are people" who can't handle the truth".
>
>Hart

That's your opinion.  Frankly, I was unimpressed that he felt that the fact
that his man scored as much as he did had no effect on the game.  He seemed
blind to that fact, which naturally was not lost on Pitino.  The *truth* was
that his defense stunk.  If he even mentioned that his total game wasn't
where he'd like it to be, that's one thing.  But alluding to his offensive
weaponry while neglecting to include his weaknesses is ill advised.  That's
one thing about the great players from yesteryear who would always find a
way to mention the need to improve in a particular area.  Not Toine, at
least on several occasions.

I know he's 21 years old, but if he wants big $$$, why shouldn't we want him
to be the best, most complete player that he can be?  What's wrong with
that?

BTW, truthfully, his free throw shooting sucks, but I still want him to stay
and work on that too.

Cecil
Cecil