Maturing

It has been stated over and over again about Antoine Walker and his
potential or lackthereof of maturing. The thing that concerns me is the
lack of veteran leadership from which he can learn.  Now one could argue
that Pitino is the leader that he'll learn from, but I think an Anthony
Mason type delivers a different message to a teammate than any coach could
to a player. There's no one on the team to tell Antoine to get over himself
(when needed).

The other thing I think about is how truly far off the Celtics are from
true playoff contention (that means winning at least the first round). Just
look at the very young Cleveland Cavaliers to see what may happen to the
Celtics in the playoffs next year. The banner appears to be a few years off.

Like Kim, I am optimistic (as a fan) and realistic (as a fan of all
basketball) about the Celtics and Antoine. That's what feeds the passion
for us all. We want those crazy kids to win more than we'll admit, but we
also know that hanging a banner in the next two years is just not realistic.

Theresa