Re: Walker on ESPN

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael J. King Sr. <kingpin@primenet.com>

>Uh What about Toine?  Wasn't he quoted in the ESPN article? I don't think
>either side is  innocent of speaking to the media on this issue. I see it
>as the usual posturing between athlete and team and  I must admit it at
>least hasn't (YET) become nasty like Garnetts did. I really like Walker but

There is a difference Walker is a proffesional basketball player while
Gaston is a businessman by proffesion. Walker can talk in the media and get
away pretty much unscathed but Gaston can't, because his statements potray
him as having small market mentality even though his revenues are amongst
first five teams.

PS: I don't recall Garnett making any statements at all he just kept mum and
let his agent do the talking. Walker should do the same.

>if I were Gaston I too would be reticent in giving him "Franchise Money"
>because of his youth and immaturity but I would lean toward giving it to
>him because of his youth and talent!! In the final analysis  if I were
>Gaston I would offer him a "Franchise"  contract  and then visit my local
>church on a daily basis!! Lastly if you were Gaston wouldn't you be
>thinking the same way?

I would be thinking the same way but here is my rationale for giving Walker
the franchise money:
In the last two years Walker has proven that he can play with the big boys
the rest as far as I am concerned is a business risk.  - Mishra