Re: Legacies and another thanks to Bill Cooper

At 04:03 PM 4/21/98 +0200, Joe Hironaka wrote:
<snip>
>Go Bird, Cowens and Ainge in Round One!

Ditto, but I was also struck reading that by how remarkable Red's legacy to
the league is of coaches, and successful ones, from players he coached,
acquired, and otherwise mentored with the Cs. The % of ex-Celtics in the NBA
Top 50 players was awe inspiring, and I bet the % of ex-Cs among the
league's coaches since Red arrived is also. Add in guys like John Thompson
in the college ranks, or guys like McHale and Embry in managemnt and it
becomes even more so. That may say more than anything about what a classic
Cs player is and how much Red has meant to the NBA...

And while I'm at it, add another salute to Bill Cooper for his wonderful
game summaries. It's one thing to be able to keep track of the stuff,
another to be able to put it together, but to be able to do that with wit
and insight, making what could be a glorified boxscore into something much
more and a lot of fun to read -*salute*

-Kim
Kim Malo
kmalo19@idt.net