Top Ten List

	Now that the season is over I've decided to put together a list of
the top ten reasons to be optimistic about the Celtics:

10. We were finally able to move Dee Brown.  I liked him as a person, but
Dee's career peaked when he won the Slam Dunk contest his rookie year.
He'd been our #1 on the trading block guy for over two years.

9. Dana Barros has turned his career around.  He's turned himself into a
great instant-offense type of player, who is now actually worth the money
that M.L. signed him for.  And now RP likes him so much that he'll
probably be traded.

8. Ron Mercer had a great rookie season and is likely to finish third in
the rookie of the year voting (which would better than 'Toine did last
year).

7. Andrew DeClerq was a great free agent pickup.  He gives you everything
he has on every night.  He'd be a solid role player on any team.

6. We acquired Kenny Anderson, a top notch point guard, which was one of
ourtop two needs.  He has great quickness, which he actually uses to drive
to the basket.  And his floor vision is as good as any point guard in the
league.

5. We won 21 more games than last year.  This surprised everyone in the
world except me.  :)

4. We had our first all-star in 5 years.  Antoine looks like he could
develop into a perennial all-star if he works on his shot selection and
free throw shooting.

3. Hopefully the CBA will be reworked, allowing us to resign Antoine
without having to give him Jerry Seinfeld money ($5M per game).

2. We have Rick Pitino, one of the top five coaches in the game, and the
best one for a young, rebuilding team.

And the top reason to be optimistic about the Boston Celtics....

1. There are only six years left in the Travis Knight Era.

A loyal member of the list since July of '96,
Jeremy