future plans

Celtics fans know that Mercer is a better player than Kobe, but he's not
as hyped.  Oh well, no need to worry about that pretty boy in Laker Land.

As far as the draft goes, I think they should keep their pick (which
should be #9 or 10, I believe) as long as they can get a good big man.
And I think they can.  Michael Doleac will be there, I like him as an NBA
center a lot.  He can really shoot and has some nice post-up moves.  Also,
Pat Garrity is in the mold of a Tom Gugliotta, although he may be more of
a small forward.  But he is 6'9, 230.  Another player I like a real lot is
Brian Skinner of Baylore, 6'10, 240 PF/C.  Right now he is projected
around 18-24, although I think he may go higher.  Maybe the Cetltics could
trade down if Doleac or Garrity isn't there.  Skinner is an all-around
inside player, with no glaring weaknesses.  I think these guys are
probably better than any free agent they are looking at (Ratliff, Geiger,
Austin).  It is important to keep the young talent coming in.

Also, the Celtics have the 1st pick in the second round (from Denver,
Eric Williams deal).  They should be able to get a decent player here who
may slip down.  They might be able to get a backup shooting guard or small
forward like Jeff Shephard or Ansu Sesay.  They have a great chance to get
some young talent in the draft.  The draft isn't that great, but there are
players to be found if the Celtics scouting is stronge enough.

Now we just need to get rid of Pervis and we may have a decent shot to
make the playoffs next year!!

  						Elgin Booth