Dominique

Good post by Jo on the comparisons between Mercer and Wilkins
rather than Antoine and Dominique. Another post said that
comparing Mercer and Wilkins was unfair because they play
different positions. The same could apply to Walker and Wilkins;
they were really two different styles of players.

In general, I think it's too trendy to bemoan that such-and-such
player reminds you of Dominique, as if that was the worst thing
that could happen to a player. Dominique, at his peak, led the
Hawks to four straight 50+ win seasons from 1985-1989, and came
pretty close to beating the Celtics in the playoffs singlehandedly
in that fantastic game 7. If you added another superstar to the
Hawks, perhaps they would have won a championship and we wouldn't
be referring to Dominique as a selfish human-highlight film.

In any case, I'd prefer to wait until Walker or Mercer lead the Celtics
past the first round of the playoffs before lamenting that they
are "like Dominique."

Alex