Walker's Comments in Globe

Walker's comments in Globe about staying in Boston are a
little scary. AW says that he wants to stay here but won't
sell short. AW also points to the fact that  Pitino makes
only half the decision and Gaston the other half.

We should sign Antoine AT ALL COSTS......also waiting an
year extra will only skyrocket the salaries further along
with the chances of losing AW for zero.

The only players I would trade AW for are Shareef Abdul Raheem
and Tim Duncan. Truly Duncan will be impossible. Shareef could
well be dealt by Vancouver. [I live in Canada and the taxes here
are just too much for a normal salaried person !!].

With Walker in and a healthy Anderson with 5 [?] years left
on his contract, and possibly Mercer locked up next year,
we are looking up ....may be with a good draft and a good
rebounding center celts will be a force very soon. But lose
Walker and we are down to square one.

Mercer is probably a great player.....but to expect what MJ or
Pippen has accomplished from Mercer is just asking too much.
Good shooting guards are plenty in the league.....a good,
athletic forward with good passing skills like Walker is
rather a rare commodity....SO LET US KEEP WALKER, please.

		Sashi.

p.s. : Let us hope that draft lottery gods are kind to Celts
       this year. Wish if we could land one of the top three
       though there is none like Duncan. If the draft had
       gone okay we could have had Walker,Mercer and Duncan
       all in green  getting ready for playoffs now.....dreams!!!