Cornbread Sighting

I go to a gym in downtown Boston, and imagine my surprise when I walked in on a night last week and who was towering on the stairmaster?! CORNBREAD! That's right, UNC Charlotte alum, 1981 NBA Finals MVP, Laker destroyer Cedric Maxwell. It is a joy to see Cornbread back in the Celtics fold, a true class act and one serious ballplayer. And who could offer quotes like Cedric? I remember him referring to the play in the 84 Finals when McHale walloped Kurt Rambis, and how that play changed the series, "Before that play," Cornbread said, "the Lakers were running across the street whenever they wanted, now they stop at the corner, push the button, look both ways and wait for the light to change." If someone told me in the 80s I'd be going to the same gym as Cornbread I'd say you were crazy. Cedric Maxwell - a true Celtic hero.