PATRICK'S POST

What Patrick says is true, all those things happened.  However, then the
Celtics were a dynasty.  They could back up everything they said.
McHale has said, toward the end of his career when the players on other
teams started all that hugging and kissing that he liked it better when
they all hated each other.  I remember that statement very well.
Larry liked to get into the opponent's head.  He did, too.
    Having said all that, and that I believe Antoine to be an extremely
talented player, please try to understand that I think most on the list
who have criticized some of his actions would be less critical on a more
successful team.  The Celtics were then what the Bulls are now, only
moreso and for a much longer time.  The situation is different.
I don't care if Antoine wiggles.  I do care that his crying to the refs
is hurting the team he wants to help.  None of them are getting the
calls.  This is wrong of course, on the part of the refs, but he has to
control that for the sake of the team.  When this team gets to where
those other great Celtic teams were, and we believe they will in a few
years, they can get away with those things.  Now, they can't.
    Unless everyone in the Boston area is part of or reading this list,
there are many, many other fans who feel the same way, according to
things I've read in the papers.  Just because they don't like some of
the things he does, it doesn't mean they don't believe he can be the
franchise player we all thing he can.  It doesn't mean we're intolerant
of the young.
    Self righteous?  I don't think so.  When you get a few years on you,
you'll understand much better, I think.  Before you fly, you have to
learn to walk.  This team needs the respect of the rest of the league.
We all need respect on the job, whatever that job might be.  We also
need to respect the opinions of others.  If we all thought the same and
liked the same things, what a boring world it would be.  End of speech.
I'll go back into my cave now.
Dorine