Our last playoff

There have been posts here about the last playoff the Celtics were in.
We played games 3 and 4 in the Garden and were leading in both games in
the final minutes.  There has been comments that Douglas had something
to do with those losses.  Not so.

There was a fundamental problem, as in defense.  Orlando ran the high
pick and roll to win the games.  Each time they ran it at Radja (sp?).
They were successful each time.  Why?  As Doug Collins commented and as
was obvious, he did not stay with his man on the pick and he did not
pick up or stop the guard.  He went half way with the guard and then
went back to his man effectively picking off Sherm each time.  This was
the reason we had lost.  Surely if we could have stopped the pick and
roll, we would have had every chance to win.

This is a good reason that Radja is gone.  Hopefully, we will continue
to emphasize the fundamentals of the game.

--

Peace,

Bentz
bocelts@scsn.net