Loss to Cavs Etc.

Just a few thoughts about the C's as the year comes to an end.

1.IMO, Antoine's best position is Small forward plain and simple, where
he will really be able to showcase his talents.  If he has to play the
power forward another season, you won't have to worry about signing him,
he will probably drop dead from both exhaustion and being beaten up
physically by the bigger power forwards.  He is a terrific passer and
can go to the hoop with the best of them and can do so much more for us
from the small forward position.  Other than Pippen playing the small
forward position who is really better.  I can't think of any.  Can you?
He will also be a year older a lot wiser and will start to show the
maturity of being an all-star and a veteran.

2. Is there any body out there that really thinks that Dana is at best a
mediocre point guard. Tonight's game showed clearly that he is better
offensively (I for one would love to see him get the ball to shoot
behind a screen) than he is setting up the offense. It seemed that the
C's took about 100 shots tonight and probably shot 30% because where
they received the pass they had to take shots from never never land.
Dana is just not capable of getting the ball into the position for his
team mates to take high percentage shots.

3. Ron and Kenny will be a dynamite starting back court. We got a chance
to see this for a little bit of time this year and I think after a
training camp together, they could develop some real good chemistry.
I can see Kenny averaging 9-12 assists a game, just getting the ball to
Antoine and Ron where they can score easily.

4. The problems are starting center (although I can live with Andrew and
Tabak) since there isn't any one that much better (in all due respect to
Geiger and Austin) in free agency and power forward. We are stuck with
Travis (he's such a wuss) and I may want to take a shot with him at a
backup Power forward behind Popeye Jones(who I believe will be with the
C's next year) and will start and average 8-10 points and 8-10 rebounds
a game at the power forward position.  I think that Walter can be a
swing man at backup both small and power forward positions.
5.  If I had my choice of free agents, money would be spent to sign
McDyess(the only quality free agent out there), though I really think he
will stay in Phoenix.  Most of the rest are over priced and over
valued.  McDyess is capable of being an all-star and would fit in nicely
with Antoine, Ron and Kenny.  If we sign him it makes Walter very
expendable.
Assuming we cannot get McDyess, I project the C's lineup will look like
this after the lockout is over.
Starting team
	 Center =         Andrew
	 Power Forward =  Popeye
	 Small Forward =  Antoine
	 Point Guard =	  Kenny
	 Shooting Guard = Ron
Backups
	 Guards =   Dana and Edney
	 Forwards = Walter and Minor
	 Center=     Tabak and Travis

IMO our backup Guards are terrible and too small (tough to win with
midgets) in Basketball.  We should try to draft a shooting Guard (I
don't know enough about college players to give any opinion), but
somehow we have to address this.

Of course if we sign a McDyess it upgrades our team to a 50 plus win
team easily and makes us a contender and a real threat in the playoffs
next year.  If we can't sign a free agent or draft a quality college
player to fill our needs, we probably will struggle to 45 win season and
an early exit in the playoffs.

Regards,
Hart