Wait on Walker?

Good article in the Globe today giving reasons as to why we should wait
until next year to sign Walker. I like some of the points and I think maybe
we should wait and see. One thing it didn't mention was the cap. If we sign
Walker this summer, that would put us out of the FA market for a long time,
right? But if we waited until next year, then we could still sign a FA in
the summer of '99 and then sign Walker and put us over the cap for good.
The only thing that scares me if Faulk. Would he stand for one of his
clients being told to wait? Will we actually be able to sign him for less if
he finds that no one else is going to offer him $20 mil next summer? Plus
with another year of growing and maturity gain (hopefully) we will be able
to tell if AW is really the frachise player we all say he is. I'm eager to
hear what you guys think.

Nathan A.
Release, rotation, splash!

The North Bend Sports Page: http://www.geocities.com/colosseum/arena/2430

Nebraska Cornhuskers: Simply the best. 1994, 1995, 1997...

Thanks for the memories Dr. Tom! May the Big Red Machine march on!