Re: McDyess a Ball Hog

Cecil Wright wrote:

> What do you think of the talk of Outlaw?

I love him. I think he's the uberDeclercq. He is amazingly sound in
every aspect of the game except jump and free throw shooting. He blocks
shots like nobody's business, rebounds, defends three positions,
dribbles intelligently(i.e. not into traffic and with a purpose), passes
in order to make his team better and only takes shots he can make. In
short he's the ideal team player. He would be a wonderful pickup. I
wonder though if he'll take the extra money he'll get from other teams
to leave the Magic. I think Daly and the rest of the organization have
put a lot of faith and responsibility for the team in Outlaw and he
understands that. I'm sure he realizes that he'll only have to wait one
more year for the big payoff and that going to another unfamiliar team
might not be in his best interest(especially if Nick Anderson's
resurgence continues and the Magic trade Penny for Webber[according to
the new rumors]). Being on the Clipper taught him money isn't
everything(ask Ike Austin). Outlaw turned down 3 million+ with the
Clippers to sign with the Magic.

Noah