Back to Geiger:
compare Geiger's numbers (quite average in some repsects) to Knight's and
point out that if Knight had the same minutes he'd have comparable numbers.
Maybe, but it wouldn't matter because Knight couldn't guard the people that
Geiger can no matter how many minutes he plays.  Geiger would NOT be
physically dominated and mentally intimidated as has Knight.  Second, I
mentioned that Geiger clearly outplayed Mutumbo on both ends of the floor
for much of the game Friday.  It has been mentioned correctly that the two
center's stats did not reflect this--once again, the fallacy of statistics.
Geiger was splitting time with Divac (note that this has been the case most
of the year when you look at his stats) while Mutumbo got his minutes.  I
should say that I agree wholeheartedly with one point, Geiger IS NOT in
Mutumbo's class--Dikembe would be the PERFECT center for Pitino-ball.
However, if you tell me to pick between Radliffe, Ike Austin, Michael
Stewart, and Geiger to be our next center, I'll still pick Geiger.
	I should type one more point.  As I wrote to Warwick, Geiger is my
first pick for a free-agent center only.  If Rick believes he can get a
real FA such as Gugliotta or Pippen (I cringed when I wrote that) and still
be able to keep Antoine and Mercer in green, do it.  I just don't think
that's possible. . .which brings us back to Geiger.

Go Pacers! (except on Sunday)

Goggin in Cincinnati