re:"Bored Dog"

Greg O wrote :
>I have seen Corliss play numerous times (maybe 10), and before this
season
(I have seen him once this year), and he looked like a bored dog on the
court at times.  He can score some points, but he has absolutely no
outside
shot, taking only 7 3pter's and making none all year, is a very weak
rebounder, mediocre free throw shooter, I have yet to see him play tough

defensive on anyone, and he can be a head case.

****

Regarding Corliss "Bored Dog" Williamson, I  kind of regard him as a
(very, very) poor man’s Cedric Maxwell. Like the great "Rubber-band
Man", Corliss looks weak even dunking a donut and can't play beyond a 10
foot radius of the basket. IMO Corliss is even stiffer and more limited
than Lou Roe or Waymon Tisdale.  I  thought  ML was wise to draft the
far less heralded Eric Williams over Corliss Williamson.

BTW, I hope Pitino will put my mind at ease by unequivocably stating
that our Celts have no interest in signing "Pippen Long-stockings" this
Summer. When it was rumored last year that Pitino had offered our
lottery picks for Pip,  my throat glands swelled like a frog’s. If we do
sign "Pipi" this Summer, I'll bet the Bulls will eventually retaliate by
lavishing their post-MJ cap money on Antoine Walker. Yikes!

Joe Hironaka
Paris
****