Re: Creative trade(s) for a scoring "3"

The guys that I would like to see in Celtic Green are the following:

1.  Anderson  PG
2.  Mercer	      SG
3.  Walker      SF
4.  McDyess  PF   -  Suns
5.  Dampier    C    -   Warriors
6.  Ratliff         PF/C -  Sixers
7.  McCarty    PF/SF
8.  D. Jones   SF
9.  Bowden    SG
10.  Declerc  PF/C
11.  Edney    PG   (Cheap)
12. Sheppard        (Kentucky)  He reminds me of Rex Champman

*Mohammed is not ready for the NBA.  I think if he waits another year to
work on his strength, post moves, and jump shots.  However, the talent is
there.

On Sun, 5 Apr 1998 12:50:31 EDT CeltsSteve <CeltsSteve@aol.com> writes:
>There was much discussion in the days leading up to the trade deadline
>re: the
>C's possible involvement in a 3-way deal with Miami and Sacramento
>with the
>C's ending up with Mashburn and Miami ending up with Mitch Richmond
>and the
>Kings ending up with essential pieces of the C's future. The trade
>never
>happened because RP didn't/wouldn't part with Billups AND Mercer
>
>Fast forward 4 months to the days leading up to the draft. Miami still
>craves
>another shooting guard as Brent Barry is giving indications of signing
>elsewhere on July 1st and they also have a hole in the front court
>with the
>inclusion of Austin the Barry deal with the Clippers.
>
>Anybody think the Heat might be interested in trading up to get the
>C's pick
>(currently #9 or 10 with no lucky bounces) and try to grab Miles Simon
>from
>Arizona to play alongside of Hardaway; along with either Knight or
>Minor for
>Mashburn?
>
>Minor could be the heir to Majerle's slot in one year when he
>(Majerle) is a
>free agent at virtually the same amount of $$ as Majerle makes or
>Knight could
>be used as a hedge against the Heat also losing "the Pogo Man" (Mark
>Strickland) to free agency or for after next season when Terri Mills
>becomes a
>free agent.
>
>The C's get one of the missing pieces to their puzzle, a high scoring
>SF that
>has terrific 3-point range, something that is absolutely a must in
>Pitino's
>system without sacraficing cap room. In fact, they would be creating
>cap room
>because they wouldn't have to add the salary of the #9 draft slot at
>all to
>their cap. With whatever cap room they had could all be channeled
>toward
>signing a Center.
>
>Who's out there?  Austin, Geiger, Ratliff, Longley, Perdue, Divac, Rik
>Smits,
>and Laettner if you want to say he could play Center in the C's
>system.
>Realistically, the C's should have enough cap room to make a run at
>any of
>them except Austin but I would think they'd also shy away from Smits
>(because
>of age and injuries) and Perdue (age and too slow).
>
>That leaves Ratliff, Geiger, Longley, and Divac. Who of those four
>could best
>help the C's given how the remaining roster was configured?

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]