Ratliff vs. Geiger

If it's so obvious to everyone that Ratliff is better than Geiger,
then why are we so convinced that he'll somehow come much cheaper
than Geiger? I believe that Geiger will get $7M/year from someone
and that Ratliff will probably get something somewhat smaller,
probably around $5M/year.

As has been mentioned, Ratliff is by his own admission more of a
power forward. He's pretty lean. Yes, he's a great shot-blocker
but so is Marcus Camby and Shawn Bradley and neither of these
guys is a true center. I haven't seen many of his games so I don't
know, can he defend dominant centers?

Alex