RE: Mashburn -Reply

On Friday, April 03, 1998 6:12 AM, Sampath, Venkatesh
[SMTP:Venkatesh.Sampath@microcell.ca] wrote:
> Hang on, hang on, there are some of us on this list who are extremely
> interested in Popeye and his rehabilitation. Since nobody seems to know
> anything about his knee, nothing is being said. If he comes back a
> healthy player, he can play the PF position and Walker will (gulp) move
> to the SF position. <(Flame shields on)>

I don't expect Walker ever  to be able to play the 3 spot.  He is not quick
enough on D, not a slasher, doesn't have a consistent enough outside shot,
and is not a good enough ball handler.  His game is at the 4 where he can
beat bigger players inside and board which is what he does best.  An
interesting player that would look good at the 3 us Jerry Stackhouse, or
put him at the 2 and move Mercer to the 3.  I don't know what Stackhouse is
going to get if he is a free agent at year end.