Re: Mashburn

Ryan Falcone wrote:

> I don't understand why anyone would be fascinated with the possibility
> of signing Mashburn.  I'm assuming that Pitino's interest is a function of
> their Kentucky relationship.
>
> Just what this team needs:  another 'tweener forward who's more
> comfortable 20 feet from the basket shooting jump shots than playing /
> defending inside.  Shouldn't obtaining a rebounder be a higher priority
> than the reunification of Pitino's Kentucky squads (excluding Mercer and
> Walker, of course)?
>
> Ryan
You don't have to look to far. We have a man on the injured list who is
a pure rebounder by the name of Popeye Jones ,when healthy can easily
give you 10 boards a game.
To all you Mashburn lovers out there, have you noticed how well the Heat
has done with PJ Brown, Dan Majerle and Mark Strickland I/O of Mashburn
in the lineup. They are in no hurry to bring him back. By the way Riley
is in love with Stricklands work ethic and is no hurry to take him out
of the starting lineup.

Regards,
Hart