Re[2]: positions

          I agree on every point. I'm all for Geiger, because he's a
          legit 7-footer, with bulk, who can defend and score. Ratliff
          is more of a power forward. He can block shots, but there's
          more to low post defense than blocking shots. Ratliff just
          isn't quite big and strong enough to bagn down low
          consistently.

          I've been a Tractor Traylor fan for some time now, and I'm
          hoping the reports that the Celts are interested are true.
          Geiger - Traylor - Walker would suddenly give the Celts one
          of the most physical front lines in basketball and three
          low-post scoring threats, without losing any key players.

          Is Geiger worth $7 mill? If that's what the market demands.

          And, finally, can we stop all the Vin Baker pining. We can't
          wait forever and pin our hopes on Vin Baker turning down
          more money from Seattle, a championship contender, to come
          to Boston. We have to move on. The future is now. With a key
          acquisition or two and the maturation of our current
          players, the playoffs -- and a playoff run -- are a
          realistic goal next year.

          So enough about Vin Baker already.

          Mark