Re: training camp

In past summers, it was primarily Jackie McMullen who wrote anything that
the globe had during the summer. Mostly sunday NBA articles, but she had a
certain level of intimacy with previous coaching staff and players on the
C's that nobody has gotten with the Pitino camp and his new players (Dee
and maybe Dana, from his BC days, are probably the only 2 guys any news
media in Boston might have a connection to).

Nobody is in camp yet, so what is there to write really? I agree that in
general the Globe's coverage recently has been really poor (and I'm not
even talking about the organization of their site, their "webmaster" should
be banished to someplace that has no net access) but once the season starts
there should be plenty.

The only reason there might have been more this summer is due to the
changes that have happened more than anything else. Just being selfish
here, but I really wish McMullen didn't go to SI. She was always my
favorite writer at the Globe primarily because she did get a lot of the
little in depth personal info that isn't just a rehash of some post-game
interview.

I always feel like Ryan, May, and Shaugnessy have free reign to write what
and when then feel about the C's and aren't required to feed us our daily
dose of info. I am hoping that Micheal Holley will be able to take over
this aspect and he seemed to step up during the whole "is Pitino coming to
Boston thing", when he was camped out in Kentucky, but has be pretty silent
since.

Wow, this got long.
Ken

At 11:22 AM -0400 9/26/97, Dorine Pratt wrote:
>Actually, I remember in years past there was quite awhile in the summer
>when the Globe didn't have any Celtics news at all.
>In spite of the lack of reporting much this year, I think there's actually
>been more than most years, believe it or not.
>Dorine
>
>RSMALL@clarku.edu wrote:
>
>> Am I wrong, or do the Celtics start traing camp next week?  If so, Where
>>are the#%&*^@# articles in the local newspapers?
>>
>> Rich,,,

k k @ h a r v a r d . e d u
U I S / H a r v a r d   U n i v e r s i t y