Re: Where's the globe coverage

                      Where's the globe coverage?                  9/23/97

I know we've discussed this before, but perusing through the article that
Ramani posted I can't help but be completely dissatisfied with the globe's
coverage of the Celtics.  It seems like other papers around the country like
to have articles about trade speculation whereas the globe waits until
something happens and then reports it.

First of, I complain to the globe writers. I stopped delivery from end of last
semester and I don't intend to re-start.
It may be that the writers don't have adequate "contacts" with people in the
league, whether they are GMs or assistant to assistant coach's wife. It is hard
to chase every single rumor that is floating around. I am sure once season
starts we will be able to read more on the Celtics on the Sunday Sports.

Second...does anyone watch NBA today on ESPN at 5:30pm? It is a good show but I
work when it is. If anyone watches it, can you email if it mentions anything
about the celtics can you write about it?

Third...I am sure many of you might know already the CBA draft was held. Jeff
Capel from Duke was 10th and Victor Page came 11th. Many servicable point
guards, (David Wesley, Elliot Perry, Matt Maloney) came from there. Maybe we
should see how some of the players we discussed as potential NBA picks develop.

Danya Abrams, Andre Woolridge, and many others were picked. Who knows it maybe
another CBA success story ala Wesley.
Go to http://207.36.53.32/draft.htm for the complete list.

Sorry for being long,
Ritesh Ramani