Where's the globe coverage?

                      Where's the globe coverage?                  9/23/97

I know we've discussed this before, but perusing through the article that
Ramani posted I can't help but be completely dissatisfied with the globe's
coverage of the Celtics.  It seems like other papers around the country like
to have articles about trade speculation whereas the globe waits until
something happens and then reports it.  I don't know if I should blame Peter
May and Michael Holley or the globe's sports editor, but someone is doing a
terrible job.  I was about to get home delivery of the globe but then realized
how useless it would be.

As far as trading Walker goes, I can't help but think back to his two triple
doubles at the end of the season.  At his best Walker is the complete package.
 I think Pitino can bring out the best in Antoine.  So let's give him at least
30 games in Pitino's system before trading him.   Besides, Golden State will
have more of a sense of urgency to trade Joe Smith later in the season if they
feel they can't resign him.

Everyone who wants to see Vin Baker in Celtic's green had better hope that the
alleged Kemp for Baker deal doesn't go through.  I'm sure Baker would be very
comfortable playing in Seattle and being on a contender.

The sooner we unload Dana Barros the happier I'll be.  You can do it Rick.  I
believe in you.  Pitino should just butt into every proposed trade at the GM
meetings and say, "And if that's not enough, I'll throw in Dana Barros."

Jeremy