this may never die

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997, Mike Allen's pathetic logic appeared:

> No, Bobby Jackson's tournament play isn't what qualifies him as a starting
> point guard, but, it is a part and the fact that he was arguably the second
> best available in the draft (behind Billups) is what makes him a starter on
> any team that needs one.
>
> 	As for Baker, why the he## would you think that being a lottery team in
> two years would turn him off, when we can't get much worse in the Win-Loss
> than last year when he publicly stated (numerous times) that he wants to
> play for the Celt's.
>
> 	But, that's just my opinon, anyone else with me?
>
> Mike

Bobby Jackson was drafted about 20 players after Antonio Daniels and about
10 after Brevin Knight.  There is no one in the NBA (other than maybe
Jackson's agent) who would agree with the assessment that Bobby Jackson
was possibly the second best point guard available.  You must be better at
evaluating basketball talent then most NBA teams.

As for Vin Baker, whether or not he would still play for the C's after
they endure two more years in the lottery is irrelevant.  I would rather
have him on the team now, then have to wait two years for a chance at
signing him as a free agent.  With Vin and Antoine as your starting
forwards, you can get away with Travis Knight at center.  And you have a
much better chance at playing an up tempo game when you can control the
defensive board (something Vin Baker is very good at).

Jeremy