Re: Newspapers and....Joe Smith?

damekmo@teleport.com wrote:

> So...uh....anybody want Joe Smith on the Celtics? If so, what would it take?
>
> Paul M.

During the past week, columnist Bill Reynolds wrote in the Providence
Journal that the Celts had rejected an offer of Joe Smith and BJ
Armstrong for Walker and Barros.  I'd have to think this is accurate,
since Reynolds is the co-author of several Pitino books, and undoubtedly
has access directly to RP.  I didn't see this item anywhere else, so I
guess neither the Globe nor the news services picked it up.

Mike Dynon