Scary News

Blurbs in the news last night made me start worrying about the future of
the league.  Reports of owners' attempts to kill the union next year, of
players' attempts to secure more money for league minimum players, and
the attempts by agents to get mega money for merely good players all
could lead to strike, loss of public support, chaos--some or all of the
above.  I think if the NBA goes down this road we will have the agents
and money-blinded stars to blame.  I just hate to see a situation where
talented kids, some of whom came from poverty, can't be satisfied by
being mere multi-millionaires.  And while I couldn't side with a
union-bashing attempt by owners, I understand balking at paying any ball
player 100 million dollars.  I'm afraid money could ruin our sport--even
more than it has.

Gene  (doing my wind sprints, ready for camp to begin)