Re: Baker or McDyess

Gregory Hurst wrote:

> I plan to watch Vin Baker play this year or keep up with his stats.  I
> have not paid enough attention to his overall attributes to say " trade
> him for McDyess straight up".  However, to clear cap space in a trade
> that would include Minor and Barros, I would pull the trigger in a heart
> beat to get another free agent.
>
> Greg

I would think that that is definitely one of the possible ways to get
rid of the guys who are taking our big contracts. We may lose Antoine
Walker or Chauncey Billups doing it, but we'd end up with an extra star
player in the long run.

If the rumoured Billups, Minor and Brown for Antonio McDyess is done
that would leave Barros and Ellison to get rid of. I would then
seriously propose McDyess and the 2 that are left on the team for Vinny
Baker and say a 2nd rounder or whatever we can get for it. We can then
re-sign Vin after signing another superstar that is a free agent the
year that Vin becomes one or before that if we have enough cash under
the cap to pull a trade like that.

Also, the players that Rick have bought are all tradeable players, with
the exception of Bruce Bowen who is an unknown. If Bruce was to have a
tremendous season he'd be open to trade as well. I think that Boston
could be a team of many trades in the next 1 to 2 seasons simply to get
players who are at the end of their contracts so we can get 2 super star
players.

Whoever Rick wants will be gotten and I'm sure of it. All the top
players know that Rick is a great coach and a great motivater. It's like
the reason why Terry Mills chose Miami over Detroit. If a player knows
that he can get into a team that is geared towards winning, they'll sign
on for less money than they would have gotten simply for the reason
being that they know once they finish their contract they'll get a large
sized contract, for a recent example see Brian Williams.

Warwick