Capped out!!! If so you will hate the next move if anything happens at all!!!

Hi everyone.  I decided to right a note to help out the cause a little bit.
 Every other time I have posted something to this list the Celtics have
made what I consider to be clever move.  We are in need of something
astonishing.  Please respond to anything that raises an eyebrow or
especially if I am wrong on something.

My opinion though is we are basicly done besides putting Pervis in  some
sort of room and putting the dogs on him.  I remember someone official
posting something in The Sporting News or Globe or something about some
clause in Pervis's contract that would allow the Celtics to get out of it
if he is still unfit to play.  It could have been one of my wacky dreams
but I swear I read it somewhere.  I also think I read about 3 months ago
that Pervis could have opted out of his contract this year on his own and
become a free agent.  Of course if this was true it didn't  happen anyway.
I am curious if this was true though.

Are we over the cap like the papers say we are?

If so that means that we are done unless a team is willing to take out our
trash and in doing so trade us a player that makes less money or even
money? - this is the only way we could make any changes unless someone is
willing to give us a pick in exchange.  We could bundle one of our starters
and maybe make a deal but with the length of contracts on our players it is
highly unlikely?

My point and real question is any trade will have to be for less money or
even?  What happens if we offer to pay cash for some of the years?  What is
the salary cap implecations in those years?

My take:

1.)	We will not be waiving any more players in my view.  If another teams
picks them up they will only pay him for one or two years and the league
minumum.  The player will be getting our money and the only thing the team
has to say is that he can play for them.  The player (our trash)has no
bargaining power for more money because he will be getting the same amount
from us.  So the maximum we could possibly save would be $247,500(lowest
veteran salary last year).  I think this figure got increased this year -
just forgot the number.

2.)	We will not be able to get another player on our roster like some
people were hoping for Garth Joseph to sign with us for pennies.  If we
could swing a deal with another team that freed up a couple of roster spots
and about 1-1.5 million in cap relief we could sign a player like a Garth
Joseph or Lorenzo Coleman.  Unfortunately the league would not allow these
trades because of the salary cap inbalance and it is highly unlikely that a
team has this much money left anyway.
3.)	We can not trade with a team that is at the cap or especially over the
cap.  Unless dollar figures completely match.

4.)  	No team is going to trade for a player like Minor, Pervis, Dee, or
Barros unless we take there garbage too.  So this is basicly the only thing
that could happen next unless some team has a really poor
GM/COACH/PRESIDENT, ETC... all on the same team.

UNLESS WE GIVE UP BILLUPS OR SOME OTHER STAR.  WE WILL BASICLY ONLY BE
LOOKING AT LENGTH OF CONTRACT AND NOT QUALITY OF PLAYER.  Ok, maybe not
this harsh.  But we probably will dislike the player more than the one we
traded.  But he possibly could make a small amount of money less and have
less years left on his contract.

Sorry about the total rambling at points.  It's healthy though!!!  You
can't bottle up this much excitement for the season for to long.

- -J-