Deadweights

Regarding Pervis Ellison, Dana Barros, Greg Minor, and Dee Brown:

These guys are currently not nearly worth the money they are being paid.
I would guess that we wouldn't be able to unload any of them for a second
round pick or else we would have to clear space for Chris Mills (instead
of unloading Eric Williams). To get rid of them we would have to package
them with a quality player (Walker, Billups, Mercer, etc.) in a trade,
or trade for some other team's expensive loser.

There is no way any of these guys would get us a decent player, let
alone McDyess. It's possible their trade value will increase if they
have good seasons under Pitino, but given all their problems I'd say
only Dee Brown has a shot.

Alex