The Lakers again...sorry.

Just a quick note. Things are slow, so....from CNN/SI. There's been a lot
of talk on this list concerning McDyess. I have a feeling that, if he's
smart,  there's no way Pitino's going to deal for this guy because there's
no way Pitino's going to be able to sign him next year.

                     "Time running out for teams to sign soon-to-be free
                         agents"

    "Meanwhile, in Denver, McDyess and his agent, Arn Tellem, have a
meeting scheduled for next week with the Nuggets, but no one has been able
to reach McDyess to tell him about it. (Hope you're watching, Antonio.)
Still, sources tell me the chances of McDyess  remaining a Nugget are
practically non-existent. In fact, he's  already made up a wish list of
preferred destinations for a trade, and the Lakers, the Bulls and the Suns
are on it."

The Celtics and Lakers are "capped out" for next year?....Yes? And the
Lakers are on his wish list, not the Celtics?...Yes?  The weather, the
cash, the winning...if Pitino can't walk on water, dribble, and win at the
same time, and all very quickly, this team could be stuck at 40 wins tops
for a while. He claims he's acquired talent in case a trade opportunity
comes up. I'm not so sure. But...it's raining out here in the northwest and
it wont stop until next May. Perhaps the weather is effecting my mood.
We'll see very soon.

Paul M.