Stay away from Koul and other prospects.

Greg wrote

"Regarding the post and comments regarding Alexander Koul of George =
Washington.  Details show this guy to certainly be a big body center, =
but what can anyone add additional comments on his abilities and game?  =
He is listed at #20 on the Levanthal preseason poll, with 4 other =
centers ahead of him.  For those in the know who is the top players =
based on projections.

It is early to be considering this, but curious.  The bottom line, I =
would love the prospect of having the #20 pick next year, equating to at =
least 45+ wins. =20"

I go to Xavier University and George Washington is in our conference, so I get
to see Koul a few times a year.  In my opinion, he is certainly not worth a
first round pick.  He is a mountain of a man, but can do very little
offensively or defensively.

Xavier is a top ten team, but our center is only 6-8.  Koul being well over
7ft should be able to do fairly well against us, but he has never broken
double digits in all 4 games I have seen him play against us and I do not
think he has ever gotten more than 8 or 9 rebounds.  Koul is very slow and can
not do much besides a hook offensively.  He can block shots, but has trouble
getting rebounds unless he is set and the ball is coming towards him.

I think a better prospect at center could be Brad Miller at Purdue.  He
cerataintly could be available with the 20th pick and has great offensive and
defensive skills.  He is the leader on a Purdue team picked in the top 10 by
most pre-season polls so far.

Another player of note is a junior on Xavier's team.  His name is James Posey.
 He is a 6-9 guard who we play at forward because of his versatality. I am
telling you to watch him this year.  He was a sophmore last year, but it was
his first year of college ball because of prop-48.  Anyways, he was the
Atlatic Ten's newcomer of the year and 6th man of the year averaging 15
points, 8 reb, 5 assists, 2 blocks, and 35% from 3-point land.  This year our
team played a series of teams in Europe and Posey is averaging 22 ppg, 9 reb,
6 assists, and shooting over 40% from 3-land.  He is a stud who can play any
position from 1 to 4.  He would fit perfectly into Pitino's system... At
Xavier we run an almost identical system as Kentucky... Running, Trapping,
Full Court Defense.  We were 2nd in the nation in scoring and were in the top
4 or 5 in forced turnovers.  Very similiar style to that which the Celtics
will now be running.  Pittino would also love this kid's versatality. He is
considering coming out to the NBA after this year, and maybe the Celtics can
grab him with their first pick pending on how the season works out.

Maybe I'm thinking too far ahead, but I can't help think of prospective
Celtics.

Prediction:

Next season, Celtics make the 8th playoff spot with 40 wins, but get waxed by
the Bulls in the first round (3-1).  Regardless of improvements made this
offseason, the new Celtics are certainly not on the same level as one of the
best teams of all time in Chicago.