Elden

                      Elden                                        9/2/97

JLyell wrote:

>Just heard the Lakers Elden Campbell has been accused of rape at his L.A.
>home.  Jerry West has put together a real nice group of gangsta's with
>Campbell, Horry, and Van Exel.  Al they need is Iverson & J.R. Rider !

I have to disagree with you on this line of thought.  What's to stop someone
from accusing you or me of rape?  Nothing.  A false accusation probably
wouldn't happen to either one of us because we have no (significant) money.
But if either of us made $7M a year, it could happen.

I'm not saying he's innocent until proven guilty and therefore you can't judge
him, because that only applies to the judicial system.  But people should at
least wait for someone to be arrested before they make a decision about
someone's character.  Remember that Michael Irvin was falsely accused of rape.
 The media jumped all over him and the cowboys (in part because of his cocaine
arrest), but in the end the police never even filed charges.

Jeremy