charging rule

Several times during the season, I saw footage of this charge rule.

 You know when a player goes into dunk and the player stands still say 1
 metre from the rim and the ref has to either say a) its a charge  or b)
that the player was just standing there to get an easy foul when he knew
 that the O was gonna score.

 I like this rule because it stops the highlights and spectacular things
 if the players cannot dunk or are afraid to dunk.

 Karen is right too, if the player knows how far he is from the basket
when he stands there waiting for the charge call he can tell if he is in
 the right zone, its pointless if he isn't going to get the call and its
 also dangerous, due to an injury that could happen.

 It also helps the ref because then they also know whether to call the
 charge or not which is the whole reason of this rule in the first
place.

> Warwick
> --
> MZ