Re: McCarty's shortcomings

>I agree.  I think , although a bit lean, his game is a 4 , not a 3,
>but =
>his does have the quickness.
*******************************************************************************REPLY
 T O  POST

I think that McCarty and Walker have played together for a while and they
will compliment each other on the court regardless.  If you can remember
Bird played the 3 and Mchale the 4.  However, Bird defended the 4 and
Mchale defended the 3 or vice versa.  I know that these guys are not Bird
and Mchale, but once the system is in place the offensive players will
not know where the traps are coming from.
I will not go on the record to say how many games the Celtics will win
the first year, because when you build a team the success comes in
stages.
 I would not have dreamed that we would have these young athletes in
Boston.  Pitino did what any other smart coach would have done with a
team that was alleged to have fought team mates and cause disruptions.
He got rid of over half of the team and brought in players that would buy
into his system, which is so important.  The releasing of Fox and wesley
was the best for the Celtics and the Players, because each party is
happy.  Right now Pitino has young studs that will still buy into his
system and are superiorly athletic.  Do not count the wins this year, but
next year the celtics will be very very competitive.

Greg