trade idea

                      trade idea                                   10/24/97

I'm thinking we could move Minor, DeClerq, and Massenburg to Minnesota for
Stanley Roberts.  I think the salaries are close.  It benefits us because we
cut down the number of players we have by 2, and Roberts is in the last year
of his contract.  Also we still need a big guy who can bang around with Shaq,
Ewing, Robinson, Mutumbo, etc...

While it is a bad move cap wise for Minnesota, they just committed $20M per
year to Garnett starting next year and thus won't have any cap room anyway.
And Minnesota has no bench whatsoever.  Greg Minor would be a good swingman
for them, coming off the bench for Gugliotta and whoever they have at off
guard.  Massenburg provides them with some inside muscle in relief of Garnett.

Dontae Jones said in today's globe that he was fully recovered from foot
surgery last November but was kept on the injured list because they didn't
have room for him.  It'll be interesting to see how he develops here.  I doubt
he is quick enough to play the 2.  But without a definite starter at the 3, he
(along with McCarty and Bowen) has a chance to crack the rotation.

I'd still like to see us package Dee/Dana, Minor, and DeClerq/Massenburg for
Derrick Coleman.  He may be a head case, but he would be our best shot at a
having a solid center.  But I doubt this will ever happen due to the bad blood
between Larry Brown and Pitino and Philly being in the same boat as us with
too many guaranteed contracts.

I can't wait to see what deal Pitino pulls the trigger on.   The suspense is
killing me.   Before I forget, I have a question that I hope someone can
answer.  What is the difference between Sports Channel and Sports Channel
Season Ticket?  I believe the latter is a premium channel.  Do they both show
all of the home games this season?

It'll be interesting to see how much we improve against Milwaukee tonight
after last week's debacle.

Jeremy