re: McCarty

I said positive things about McCarty yesterday, but may have been too
vague.  For those who haven't seen much of him, he is about 6'10" and
can still leap quite well, he is a runner (a genuine quarter-miler), and has
decent scoring ability.  Give him a month or so and he (plus Bowen) will
give us all we need at the three position.  With his height and wing-span
he should be a great defender and the comparisons, I think, should be to
S. Pippen--as Walker could be compared to Bird or, say, Grant Hill to MJ.
It's more of a style, a metaphorical thing, not an actual talent to talent
thing.  Maybe like Monroe to Garbo or the other Monroe to Elgin Baylor.
Confused.  Stay tuned.

 McCarty cements this teams ability to press and play Pitino defense.
Now there are:  Mercer, McCarty, Bowen, Brown, Walker and soon
Billups (and possibly Knight and Ellison) who can make it go.

Gene  (excitement is just around the corner)