Billups Won't Be Moved -- my Stone Cold Lock

There is no way Pitino will move Chauncey Billups because he hasn't been an
all-star in the preseason.  Rick knew what he was getting with Billups -- a
great talent who needs a few years to develop.  As for him not being able to
create his own shot, that is the one thing he can do unquestionably.  He has
been trying to master running the team, working the press, and everything
else, all in the teeth of physical pressure on his stamina like he has never
seen before.  How can anyone even doubt that the guy can score?  Shit.

If he does get traded it will be because of impatience -- for an all-star
calibre veteran, and not because he is a  bust.  But I will bet both my
kidneys that he stays.  Look for Dana Barros to be packaged with Thomas and
something else.  Barros is the big loser in the guard sweepstakes.  He isn't
an effective defender, and he is far more marketable than Edney.

I'm just thinking about how we can clear salary room to get Scottie Pippin
before we have to mortgage the team to keep Antoine.  I would sign him to
Garnett money tomorrow.  This is the next NBA first teamer... I wouldn't
trade him straight up for anybody in the NBA right now.