Re: Game 1A

You guys have to remember this is preseason, and more than half of the team
hasn't played together yet. This has been there first time really playing
together and having Pitino really coach them. I think they will imporve
throught preseason, and work out small problems.

At 05:21 AM 10/11/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Things of note after checking out the stats from tonight's first exhibition
game:

>1.  Pathetic shooting overall.  Without Walkers's big game, the team is
less than 25%.

>2.  All those that think Walker could or should go, for whatever half-baked
reason, this MAN comes to play.  He is the real deal, (laugh if you want),
his # will hang from the rafters if he can hang with Rick.  He will be the
real All-Star and CAPTAIN. Not the Slam Clank Champ.

>3.  Miss that many shots you need the Offensive boards, and they got them.
This is great versus Mutumbo and company.  Expect this stat to come down to
earth tomorrow night.

>4.  13 steals (Declerq with 4, but only 1 board), but only 13 assists.
With the number, and quality of the shots, this team needs to work a little
more on the "team", and passing.

>5.  Total rebounding tough; Knight 9 in 17 minutes, Massenburg 6 in 9
minutes.  Probably garbage time, though I doubt under Patino there is any
true garbage time.

>6.  Bowen gets the big start.  Of note getting the fouls and making the
shots (7 of 8 FT's), and a big ZERO turnovers.  Most impressive against
Smith and Blaylock.  Good start.

>7.  Moderate starts for the true Rookies.  Tough shooting nights, but note
a single turnover combined for both Billups and Mercer.  Along with Bowen,
very impressive.

>8.  Obviously Ellison needs to relearn some fundamentals, what with the 3
turnovers.  It is a good sign that Rick feels he may be ready to play real
minutes when needed.

>9.  Based on the ESPN game recap, Rick has come to work, which he showed in
the summer league games.  He will expect nothing less from his team, and the
fans. (caught you sleeping)

>Isn't it fun to obsess over the details again.  I welcome the leaves
changing color every year.

GO CELTICS!!!!! GO BRUINS!!!! GO RED SOX!!!! GO PATRIOTS!!!!