Re: Bird on Wesley and Brown

>Despite Boston telling a number of teams Antoine Walker is=20
>off limits, don't be shocked if Rick Pitino packages him in order=20
>to extract Pervis Ellison or Dee Brown from cap.

I find this hard to believe.  If it were true, we could have dumped =
Pervis when we traded Eric Williams (something I had mentioned back in =
June or so).  With so much interest in Eric, it would have been better =
for Pitino to tell teams, "Yes, Eric is up for grabs, but you have to =
take on Pervis too."  A team that really wanted Eric would pull the =
trigger on this deal.  Sure, Pervis will just sit on your bench for two =
years, but he only takes up about $1.6 million or so on the cap (a lot =
for a player that doesn't play, but not a huge amount).  Plus he's gone =
after 2 years.  Someone would have made this deal.

To dump Walker, the team's future, simply to clear out a player at this =
point is silly.  I really hope this is just another stupid rumor with no =
truth to it.