Re: Knight

Hey all, I'm new to the list.

>Dean Garret had a much better season than Knight, is a more complete NBA
>center, and could have been signed for 3 million a year.
>
>Adam

Dean Garrett is also already 30 years old and isn't going to get much
better if any.  In two years it's possible Knight will be a better player
and will still be improving his game.  Garrett will be in decline by then.
Remember Knight was just a rookie unlike Conlon & Garrett.

Besides at the rate revenues and the cap are increasing, $3 million per
annum is going to seem like peanuts soon if not already.  Knight's deal is
at worst still far better than the McIllvaine deal and at the very least as
economical as the Ostertag and Reeves deals longterm.  I predict that in 3
years fans will be bemoaning Knight's out-clause rather than the remaining
years on his contract.  Just MHO.

Tim

"My sister used to date a tiger...we didn't care he was a cool guy."

- - Lenny the Lion on SNL