FW: Depends on your perspective

- ----------
Sent: 	Saturday, October 04, 1997 9:58 AM
To: 	'chris@mjr.com'
Subject: 	Depends on your perspective

Well you make think that McDysss was worth acquiring, but I don't think so.
If he's that good how come his team sucked big time.  Vin Baker was worth
acquiring, but not for Milwaukee's asking price, which was basically all our
good players.  Plus why acquire a starting 4, when you already have a starting
4 (Pitino has been very adamant about this, that's why he didn't pick Battie).
 And as far as giving up number #1 picks, that goes against REDS RULES - never
give up your number 1!!!!!!  If Baker wants to come here, let him come as a
free agent.  And as far as our long term contracts, think of it this way.  We
have a lot of players with great upside, no contract squabbles, good job
security, and no one with a huge contract that will restrict us from making
moves in the future.  All our players will improve, because Pitino is a great
teacher of basketball.