Re: McDyess to Suns

Playing devil's advocate, the owners has to pay these players because it based
on their potential. That is why Shaq after signing some $17.25mil contract
people are still waiting for the ring because they  expect $17.25mil in
potential equalling to winning. If I were the player sign low so people don't
put pressure for the price you are getting. Imagine Kevin signs for 20mill for
6 years, and doesn't reach, at least conference finals? They would think he
playing for money and not to win. The NBA has become more money orientated not
win orientated. Before it was play to win and you get paid on the side. Now it
is play to earn and winning is nice. The drive to win, practice hard isn't
there any more. The rivalary of the 80s are gone. Now on court you are playing
opponents but once the game is over is let be friends, drink together. Can you
imagine Larry Bird and Magic laughing after each game?
I can understand the knuckle head statement by Malone last season. I think he
can see what is going to happen when the veteran all-stars retire.

Ritesh Ramani
ramani_rite@bentley.edu