Knight (was Re: Kemp/Baker/Brandon trade)

> On top o this, his best games aren't any more impressive than Brett
> Szabo's best games (statisticly at least).  I hope he works out, but I
> really feel he is the Jim McIlvaine/John Koncack of 1997.
>
> Adam

I think that Knight will end up somewhere between these extreme
predictions of bust and rising All Star.

He isn't being asked to be the "man".  He's the main head on a multi headed
center rotation, but that's it.  Maybe he doesn't matchup well with
the all star centers of the league, but he can probably handle the Ervin
Johnson's, the Jayson Williams' (plays out of position), and even
the Mutombo's (great defense, no offense  - in this case keep Knight at
the 3 point line to draw him out).

Recently the C's play the big centers and they have career games, but the
games are close, because no matter what, it's tough for one man to beat you.
Hakeem had 53 points in a losing effort against the C's (two years ago?).
(I never count last year - they were trying to lose)

What really keeps Knight from being McIlvaine 98, is his contract isn't
that big a deal.  It's long term, but it is around market value and I don't
think he's untradeable at that price ( like Dee and Dana).  That's when big
contracts are a problem, when no team would touch them for that price.

Kevin Smith
Celtics/Nuggets fan